LivOn Basketball Tour Team Members
Congratulations to the following players who have earned themselves a place on the 2016 LivOn Basketball Championships Tour: Deng Acouth, Chol Adup, Tom Akarmarmoi, Brady Armstrong, Nicholas Barker, Lochie Boucher, Ben Carter, Fraser Eaton, Baba Elkhander, Deng Gak, Jarrod Hampton, Cameron Healy, Tristan Lloyd, Junior Madit, Ovie Magbegor, Akol Mawein, Diing Mawein, Harry Mills, Glenn Morrison, Joel Rauch, Brodie Riach, Giir Ring, Ollie Robilliard, Brennan Rymer, Jack Stanwix, Kody Stattmann.
In 2015 we brought one team to adidas Uprising. In 2016 we brought three! This gave more players exposure to the hundreds of U.S. College coaches from every level who attended the tournament. Our three teams were named: Team LivOn RED, Team LivOn BLACK and Team LivOn WHITE. The BEST players from the adidas Uprising tournament STAYED in the USA and played as part of Team Asia Pacific at the highly coveted invitation-only adidas Nations tournament the following week.
The Uprising ExperienceThe adidas Uprising tournament is the top tournament in the USA for high school players. It is the culmination of the AAU calendar for many of the best high school teams in the country. The most important element of the Uprising experience is the exposure gained to hundreds of US college coaches who come to watch the tournament from all Division levels. There is no better place to be seen than this tournament if your aim is to gain a scholarship to play basketball in the USA. All of our players from the 2015 tour enjoyed increased attention from college coaches after attending the Uprising tournament.
The Nations ExperienceSince 2007, adidas Nations has elevated the world of grassroots basketball with this unique, international tournament. The program focuses eight regional teams of top players eighteen and under, from Africa, Asia Pacific, China, Europe, Latin America and the United States to train together and ultimately compete in an international exhibition under the mentorship of esteemed NBA players and coaches. The full adidas Nations experience combines expert training, drills, and games with education and insights into off-court elements that are crucial to the success of a basketball career, such as nutrition and media training.
- 12 March 2016: Expressions of interest open for the tour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0438 287 854 for more information.
- 24 March 2016: Dates and locations for Tryouts confirmed. Registration for Tryouts opens.
- 1 May 2016: Melbourne Tryouts. CLICK HERE to register for the Melbourne try-out.
- 7 May 2016: Hobart Tryouts. CLICK HERE to register for the Tassie try-out.
- 14 May 2016: Sydney Tryouts. CLICK HERE to register for the Sydney try-out.
- 17 May 2016: Invitations sent out.
- 5 June 2016: Invited players announced.
- 17 July 2016: Travel to Sydney from home city. Players meet at Sydney International Airport, fly to Los Angeles together and travel to Las Vegas by chartered bus. Check in to our Las Vegas hotel. Light training session to shake off the jet lag and become acclimatised to the Las Vegas climate and altitude.
- 18-19 July 2016: On-court training. Evening activities: attend an NBA Summer League game & a team building dinner on The Strip in Las Vegas.
- 20-24 July 2016: adidas Uprising Summer Championships tournament playing some of the best high school-aged teams in the U.S.A. During the week we will take a side trip to visit the monumental Hoover Dam.
- 25 July 2016: Teams travel to Los Angeles via bus. Sightseeing in LA, including a tour of a Division I college campus. Half of the boys return home. Those selected to stay and play at adidas Nations will travel to Long Beach.
- 26-27 July 2016: Practice days. Go to the beach at Long Beach.
- 28 July-1 August 2016: adidas Global Nations Tournament. Nations team flies to home cities on 1 August.